Thursday, April 08, 2010

Change

Why is it that change is so hard to accept and enjoy? I mean over 90% of the time change brings on good things. Look at technology. We all sit around and complain up and down about how the new cell phones are "to much" and how the new computers are able to do "ridiculous amounts of stuff." However, we are all in the lines to buy the new and improved piece of technology and with in 3 months we look at one another and say, how did we live without this thing for so long. There is no way I could go back. So why don't we just skip the whole criticism, and skepticism part? On the same note then, why is change in life SOOOOOOO hard? There are changes in families, changes in where you live, what you eat, where you work, what you drive, what you watch and the list goes on. But when ever you want/have to change you cry about it, worry about it, and spend over 60% of your waking (and some of your sleeping) hours consumed with how your life will be after the change has taken full affect.

Just for the record it is not change that I do not enjoy, it is the fear of the unknown. I love change and I love it even more when I am told that the change happened 3 months ago and this is the new way of life. I hate the anticipation of change and being in the holding pattern waiting for the change to take place. I hated the waiting for the baby but love the change he made in our family. I hated my husband losing his job but I love the change it brought in his personality and his career pattern. The rest of the waiting I'm sure will lead to great change but it doesn't mean I am going to enjoy it. Not one bit!

-On another note, no new news on my car. But I am enjoying my mother's car.

No comments: