Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Parenting Dilema

The other night I finally had enough. I needed to pluck my eyebrows. I am real sure that the last time I attacked my hairy eyebrows was about 2 weeks before Elijah was born. And even then I didn't even do it, I had them threaded by someone. Now if anyone knows me then they should understand why I shouldn't go more than 7 months between eyebrow trims. For those of you who don't know me let me explain.

The majority of my family history is of European descent and not the cute Swedish European either. Oh no no, the dark haired, lots of hair Europeans. In fact, I get a little envious of people when they say, "I haven't shaved for ages" and you can't see a hair on their leg. I feel like my legs get a 5 o'clock shadow. That's why I wear pants in the summer!

Anyway, I went 7 months without tending to my furry caterpillars on my face. I had finally had it and needed to take care of them. I sat down the other night with the tweezers and the magnified mirror and went at them. It was going good, after the first few moments of utter pain your eyebrow just goes numb. Finally I finished the first eye, then the issue. Elijah woke up and started to cry. BJ was in the shower getting ready for work so i was the only one left to tend to the baby. But I only had one eye done, and I knew if I stopped I would be to sleepy to finish the other side and I can't go to work with just one eye done. I really buckled down and tuned out the baby. I think I started getting sloppy because I kept asking BJ if they looked the same and he kept telling me no. And I kept hearing the baby crying in the background. Eventually I finished and they look, okay. But what can you expect when you have big and bushy eyebrows.

Moral of the story, my eyebrows look better now than they did a week ago, but they aren't Hollywood perfect due to my European background.

1 comment:

Ryan and Katie said...

I feel ya on the eyebrows and the 5 o'clock leg shadow!