Saturday, January 09, 2010

Change

I don't like change. Change is difficult, however, I know that the majority of time, I will not be able to go very long with out a little bit of change. The biggest change in our lives lately (other than the baby) has been BJ's job. He has gone from a 40 hr work week behind a desk, to no job at all, to 50+ hr work week doing promotions at all hours of the day and week, to 45+ hours doing manual labor for food processing plant. In a very short amount of time BJ has been able to dip his fingers in many different areas of "work" and has been able to figure out where he feels happiest. In the end he has decided, and I agree, that he feels the best, both emotionally and physically, in hard labor. Looking back on BJ's jobs over the past 10 years this is true. Other than some technical issues his favorite job was working as a packer/mover for a moving company. Now that he is back in a job where he has physical work to complete he is happy again, most of the time. Starting in about 25 hours from when I am writing this post, BJ will be heading off to work the 3rd shift. Something BJ has never done before, leaving me here with the baby. BJ was told that this is only temporary but things change and I get worried that the time I used to spend with my husband are now gone. For it is early on a Saturday night and when the baby was being put to bed so was my husband. Tomorrow, to get ready for the new work times, BJ will be spending most of the early morning cleaning and hanging around the house until we are off to church, then coming home to sleep as much as possible. I just keep hoping that the sacrifices our new small family is making for this new job will be worth while in the long run. If not, it is back to the drawing board for more change. Just keep us in your prays that eventually we will be back to a routine as a family and happy.

No comments: