Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Our own little piece of history


A weird thing happened yesterday. Molly, one of the girl in the speech program, was working with her desk and all of a sudden her desk locked on her. One of her draws was even open. So after a little bit of wrestling we finally gave up and declared it locked. We tried the keys and they didn't work, it kind of sucked. So the school called the lock smith and he came to open her poor desk. Well they kind of found a treasure when they opened her desk. First they found a real floppy disk. You know one of those big and truly floppy disks. Plus they found about four different sheets of paper. One was some ones job application for, are you ready of this one, Febuary 23, 1981. I wasn't even born then. A couple of the other sheets were from 79, and 80. I just wonder how long the person who lost those pieces of paper looked for them before they gave up. I thought of my cousin Katie who would have just been in love with the idea of a secret literally locked in her desk. Sorry Katie I didn't save them for you.

PS I get to sneak out of my Grad assistant job early tomorrow so I can go home and get sleep before I have to be at work at 7:00 am on Thanksgiving morning. One more year where I have to miss the Macy's Thanksgivning Day Parade. I don't even remember the last time I was in my pajamas watching the Rockets perform. It is still my biggest wish to see the New York Rockets perform their Christmas show. I mean to become a Rocket means you have to be one of the most perfect team dancers and their legs are just fabulous. To me they are the Ideal dancer. (One year I had tickets to the show in Chicago but I only got to see the last 20 minutes. It still makes me cry a little to think I was that close to seeing the whole show and I missed it.)

3 comments:

BJ said...

It was more than 20 minutes

Anonymous said...

Still cheching on the site. See ya tomorrow.

Ryan and Katie said...

I envy your friend's desk. :) My cousins are going to see the Rockettes show in NY this weekend. I am sure you will get to someday. If only you were a little taller you probably could've been one!!--love ya!--KT