Saturday, November 26, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

Well the turkey has been cooked the mashed potatoes eaten and the home made cranberry sauce has been spread over all the left overs. YUM. I hope all of your Thanksgiving dinners were delicious! I know mine was, and the best part about it I just had to show up and eat. However, next year BJ and I have been discussing the possibility of doing the dinner. AHH what are we thinking, were thinking the more food at our house the less time we have to spend in the car driving between houses.

Let me see, it has been a while since I blogged so I should probably catch you up on my life. On Wednesday night I drove home from Wisconsin. Now, I don't really enjoy driving in Wisconsin because I am scared of the state troopers. If they catch you speeding it's really expensive because they are allowed to be mean to out of state drivers. It sucks. Plus everyone drives like 5 under the speed limit. It is so frustrating and stressful I don't enjoy the drive. Then as I was getting close to the Illinois boarder, HUGE traffic jam! I'm talking 8-10 miles of bumper to bumper traffic. At first I was thinking oh, there is probably an accident, I hope everyone is okay, and I hope it can get cleaned up quickly. But then 30 minutes later I realize that the traffic is all the way from Illinois. It was Toll traffic. 10 Miles of toll traffic? This is ridiculous! Okay, so I grin and bear it because there is no other way to go and if I pulled off it would only delay me getting home that much longer. So I get to the toll plaza and Guess what! The state of Illinois Department of Transportation is STUPID! The toll plaza was under construction with all the signs taken down. So all the people from out of state were way confused and the lanes were all scrambled so even I didn't know where I was going. Yeah smart idea guys, start construction before the winter Holidays! So now I have to look forward to going back to Wisconsin and doing it all over again.

On the other hand when I was driving in Wisconsin it was still a little light out and this big orange thing in a tree caught my eye. When I looked at what it was, It was a hunter in his deer stand. I thought it was funny I could see one from the highway. (Oh and my sister thought a deer stand was the same darn thing as I did.)

So I think that's about it for right now, last night BJ and I went out to dinner at this new restaurants, it was very nice and reasonably well priced. They had $0.01 glasses of wine on Friday so it was good deal. Then we went to see Harry Potter so BJ could see it. Tonight, I am going to get my hair done. I figured with working Thursday and Friday I made enough money to get my hair done, maybe then I will actually style my hair if I like the length and color. (This is what I am going to look like after I get my Hair done.)

No comments: