Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Random Memory

Did I ever tell you about the time BJ was making hard boiled eggs for us to dye??? Well I just saw a commercial that reminded me of it, so I thought I would share with you.

One day near Easter one year I asked BJ to make some hard boiled eggs, a whole dozen. When I got home there were only 10 eggs done. I was slightly confused but trying to be the loving and supportive wife I asked where the other two were. His response was that a shot glass broke them. At this point I was completely stunned. I had no clue how boiling eggs had anything to do with shot glasses. And actually I really didn't think we had any shot glasses in the house so I was unsure how this all worked out. I just nodded and we finished dying the eggs. Later that week at work I was talking with a mother about the fact that we only had 10 eggs, then I started thinking more about the shot glass and the eggs. I finally thought that I could ask BJ without criticizing him to bad about it so I did.

Me: So B, why did we only have 10 eggs out of 12 to dye for Easter?
BJ: Two broke with the shot glass. (said so matter of factly it just should have made sense)
Me: (trying not to get to angry) Why were you using shot glasses to boil the eggs?
BJ: I wasn't.
Me: Okay then what are you talking about?
BJ: Well when I put the pan of boiling water into the sink to put cold water into the pan to cool off the eggs I forgot we had installed the PUR filter and as I swung it over it bumped the chef on the back splash of the sink which fell off and rolled and hit the shot glass that had been the home of the bamboo tree for about 6 months prior which then fell down into the pan of water and eggs and landed on two of them.
Me: (through fits of laughter) Well that makes a whole lot more sense.

No comments: