Thursday, August 19, 2010

How to earn your pay when there is not much to do

As many of you know, I recently started a new job. When I started this job I didn't take over somebodies old caseload, but am expected to build my own. As much as this means a ton of work in my future with marketing, evaluations, and writing reports, but I look forward to all this and this is what I signed up for. However, as soon as I started working I wasn't going to have 100's of people lined up at the door. Looking positively, in my first week I have had 3 evals and seen one client. Next week, even with jury duty I have 2 or three more evals and several more clients. However, that only accounts for a very small fraction of my day. So I have been figuring out ways to keep myself busy and worth my pay. So if you're ever in my situation, here are some things you can do:
-Move in all your stuff in
-find homes for all your stuff
-build a book case
-help in the front office when they need to eat
-learn the computer program
-write up some evals
-read files on new clients
-organize an entire therapy closet
-organize a book case
-reorganize your files and your stuff
-check your mail several times
-build a treadmill
-file
-refile the mistakes you made
-call a couple of doctors to request scripts

I'm sure there is a bit more but they have slipped my mind.

Stay tuned next week for, How to entertain yourself for 40 hours while you wait to be called for jury duty.

No comments: