Thursday, August 12, 2010

Good Byes Are Always Bitter Sweet.


A little over four years a go I graduated with my masters. I then had a sit down with myself to decided about the type of company I wanted to work for. I picked a company that met with my own morals, and where I felt I would be happiest. I then began working for Rainbow. Over the next couple of months I met new friends, and great mentors. Over the next few years my new friends turn to great friends and my great mentors became wonderful co-workers. I treated diagnoses that I did not know about before I began. Met kids that that I cared for as my own. They worked harder than I thought kids could, they touched my heart and even deeper, my soul. I became stronger and more confident in my therapy skills, and figured out how to multitask and get organized. Recently there have been changes made at Rainbow, some because of the economy, some because of cooperate policy, some because of personal choice. With this change there were good things, sometimes there were not so good things. I began to second guess my choice of employment. I was not happy with some of the changes, in fact I became upset. I started to only enjoy the times I was at work when I was with my kids. Then out of the blue I was contacted by another company. I thought a lot about it and realized it was time for me to continue to grow in my professional skills and the only way I was going to be able to do so was by leaving the company. Today was the day. I finished packing up the billions of things I have acquired over the past four years, I said goodbye to those kids that helped me grow, and taught me more than I could ever teach them, and I turned in my keys. Through tears and that ugly cry face, I was able to squeeze out a "Thank you for all that you have done for me," and "Thank you for letting me stay until the end." I refused to say goodbye to my friends because I will see them again. I did, however, have to say good bye to the building, and with that everything that helped me get to where I am today. That was the hardest part. Am I scared for the future? Not really? Am I sad to leave? Yes. Am I worried about losing everything Rainbow made me? A bit. Even though I know all these things have changed, I am worried that without the support staff that I had I will not be the same therapist. Come Monday, I start at my new job. I tell myself that this too will help me grow, however, it is all the unknown.


So now I am at the end of my Rainbow, and I'm looking for my pot of gold. Wish me luck, but supposedly that pot of gold has luck with it.


In other news...Tomorrow is the Black Eyed Peas concert. Wahoo.

No comments: