Saturday, March 13, 2010

The coming of spring

As I go about the day I think about a million different idea's that I can blog about. Then I sit down to actually blog and Wooosh, All gone. Now I am just drawing a blank. UHHHHHH (can you hear the crickets??)
Hold on, Pause, I have to put the laundry in the dryer...

OO...I know what I want to blog about. It came to me while I was doing the laundry. Here it goes... THE COMING OF SPRING

Yes I know that it is only the 13th of March and there is still the possibility of one last snow storm. But still...It is feeling more like spring everyday. In fact, I wore my flip flops last weekend and I have spotted the first bugs of the season. It was fantastic! Let me tell you about what I have accomplished this spring.
1. Spring cleaning, I have cleaned the house top to bottom. I got rid of old clothes, washed the bedding and the winter coats.
2. Exposed my toes to the world. I wore my flip flops as a test day, then I decided it went good so I went to Spa Okel and did my toes last night. Now my toes are ready for the warm weather.
3. Took the dog out. Rescue got her come of the season walk.
4. New clothes for the boy! I love that we have friends that hare a little boy to send us their hand me downs for Elijah. (By the way Carissa, Thanks for the clothes).
5. Rescue caught her first spring house spider. I came around the corner today and Rescue was crouched on the stairs and my first thought was she was doing something naughty, then I saw the darn bug. She ate it, it was all good.
6. The birds are out. The first bird I saw was the ducks in the back yard swimming/walking around the construction area. And yes from a very far distance and with my bad eyes the female duck looks like a quail, hence my expedition to go photograph the quail. Then I saw a robin today, and a dove scared the crap out of me that tried to live in our window above our door.
7. Daylight savings time. I spent the day trying to start Elijah on the new schedule by cutting his afternoon nap short and skipping a bottle today. Let's see how tomorrow goes for us.

I love spring because it means summer is just around the corner!!! Come on summer push your way through to me.

No comments: