Monday, May 01, 2006

100th episode

This is my 100th blog. Real amazing right?

Well first of all thanks to everyone who was worried about me but I'm back and still kicking.

So lets see what to blog about today... hmm... Oh I know!

Okay so before grad school I really did not have much of the craft bug in me. (It does cause a bit of a fever and stuff when you have it real bad). However, when I started hanging out with Jen a bit more I realilized I had the craft bug but it was just lieing dormit for a bit. So the bug came to the surface and started causing problems. First, I started a HUGE cross stich that I am now only about half way done but it has been pushed aside due to other obligations going on in my life at the moment. Then I Started the Veil of Death. Which might I add, the large part edge beading is complete now I just have to do the small part and little things but again, Not finished. Then I decided hmmmm, I know a handful of people who practicly attach me to get my corn bag, so I should make some of those to reduce scaring and bruising prior to the wedding. So I asked for directions on how much fabric to buy and how large squares should be for this thing but I never heard back about it. Well since the bug has been growing more confident I decided I could do it myself (just like a three year old). However, I have Never and I mean Never bough fabric before in my life, I have been there when other people have do it but this was a new experience for me. So Obviously I buy to much. Then I cut the pieces what I think is too small. So instead of having a corn bag I have bean bag size bags for corn. HMMMM again, if only I had those stupid directions. So when I am trying to sew the bags together the sewing machine and I start to fight. (Speaking of, mom I need some help with the Sewing machine). SO right now I have 6 corn bags cut but not put together because of the machine being difficult. Any other craft project I can start and not complete? I would love to know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 100 blogs!!! Okay, so it's my fault that I didn't get you the directions for the corn bag (I've been busy too!). Since the directions come from my mom (who makes things up as she goes) this is the best I can do. The inside fabric of the bag is muslin, and the outside is whatever fun fabric you want it to be. When you cut the fabric, fold it and cut along the fold so you have double the amount. When you figure out how big you want you bag to be, make sure that you add a little bit (1/4 inch or so) on each side to allow for the seam allowance. For the pillow case to fit, make it a little bigger than the muslin bag. Hope this helps you make your bags once you get your sewing maching figured out.

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»