Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Mythbusters

So I'm not really all that sleepy because I am sleeping in until about 9 or 10 every day so I feel the need to stay up until odd hours of the night just to spend at least a 60:40 ratio of being awake to sleep. So I need something to do to keep my attention long enough and I found MythBusters. For all of you who have not seen this show it is on Discovery Channel and they take urban legends and use scientific practices to prove or disprove the legends. Tonight I found out that talking on the phone, and taking a shower during a thunderstorm could get you killed (they proved this one), your toothbrush can collect fecal mater by being in the bathroom (so cover it up or put it in another room), and eight men in a rowing boat (like the one in the Olympics) can pull a water skier. One of the ones that they disproved was a man in the civil war was shot through the leg and the family jewels then the bullet hit a woman a couple hundred feet away in the abdomen and impregnated her. For anyone who enjoys seeing the research about statements, they would enjoy this show. So no more showers for me during a thunderstorm.

No comments: