Thursday, December 23, 2010

Let it begin...

Christmas that is.  For you know, tonight is Christmas Eve, Eve.  In my family we celebrate this day.  This was the day Santa came to my mothers house and delivered our gifts.  Tomorrow we start the Holiday Season and spend it with family.  First we will be taking it easy tomorrow morning then going to my mothers house for Christmas, then going to the 9:30 Christmas service, we will come home and go to bed.  Santa will come then and in the morning we will wake up and see our new treasures.  After showers and  getting dolled up we will jump in the car and head off to my fathers house for Christmas breakfast and nap time.  Then we will head over the Okel family home for dinner.  We will be home some time that evening then on Sunday we will have Christmas with my brother and my step-father.  Then will be Monday and I will be so exhausted but a small part of me will be very sad too.  It will be the second time since being a kid that I will not be going to Michigan to see my family. 

I have a big family, lots of people all around the globe.  Christmas is one of the only times of year that I get to see many of them.  But with my new job, and BJ's job, vacation time really is minimal if any right now.  But without the stress of having to pack for a 3 day trip to Michigan, it just doesn't feel right.  So as I sleep tonight I will be thinking of all my dear cousins and the Collins family.  Merry Christmas!

No comments: