Friday, December 31, 2010

Last post of the year.

I didn't do a family "This is what we did" letter this year.  We also almost didn't send out cards (just got them today and are in a pile on our table).  So I will do a combined year end summary and Christmas post.

2010 in a quick glance:
January started slow but my little bugger (Elijah) started crawling.  Made life a bit more interesting, now when I put him down, I could not promise he would be there when I returned from the bathroom.  Elijah also had his butt fixed.  It was a quick surgery that I think did us more harm than it ever did Elijah.  He was a cutie though in those awesome PJ's they had him wear.

February was off to the Auto show with little else happening that month.  Elijah kept growing and learning new tricks.

March we celebrated B.J.'s birthday and Elijah learned how to eat with a spoon.  Due to where Easter fell on the calender we celebrated our first Easter with the Okel's and Elijah learned how to fly a kite. 

April we went to Minnesota for Grandpa Berwyn's funeral.  As sad as it all was, it was fantastic to see all of BJ's family.  We spent several days with his cousins, aunts and uncles.  The drive wasn't as bad as expected, however, once your child decides he does not want to be in the car seat any more it makes for a very long ride. 

May was busy.  We had two graduations in May and my first mothers day.  Elijah spent a lot of time in the car but for the most part was a real trooper.  We had a smallish melt down on the way home from Iowa but other than that no problem.  Mother's day was spent feeding ducks and playing in the creek in our downtown area.  It was a nice way to celebrate.  All my family.

June we participated in the annual church mega garage sale.  In that time we also decided the life of my Mazda 626 was getting to be a bit costly.  And as luck would have it my mom fell in love with a very Turquoise car.  We decided to buy my mom's car and sell mine.  Then it was birthday season, Brett's, Elijah's first, and mine.  Some where in there was Father's day too.  Elijah spent his first birthday at the zoo in the most severe weather this area has seen in a while.  Thank goodness though there were lots of houses and places to get out of the rain.  It was the first time in what hopes to be a long continuing tradition. 

July was Elijah's second Fourth of July and he loved it so much more than the first.  It was also a great time to spend outdoors the whole month. 

August BJ and I decided we needed to have a grown up night and we went off to the Black Eyed Peas concert.  We had a blast, and we were even able to drive the Mini Cooper.  I also had decided to leave my job of 4 years and look for a new position.  I left my job and began with a new company in Naperville.  I am very happy with the new decision and even though I miss my old kids dearly, I am falling in love with new ones. 

September was Labor day and lots and lots of labor.  Little man started to walk and life has never been the same since.  At the end of the month we went off pumpkin picking and went to the petting zoo that Elijah's Great-Grandma used to work at.  It was a fun time but it also was the beginning of Elijah's continual battle with illness.  He had is first real fever and still has it to this day.

October we went out Trick or Treating.  Elijah was a big fan of it.  Knock on the door so EEE uh EEE hold out your bag and they put candy in it.  Say A-ooo and do it again at the next door. 

November was a time for food.  Lots of eating, lots of traveling between houses.  Oh and BJ was promoted.  He is now off the production line of the sugar making process and is now on the purchasing end of everything.  He too loves his new job.  I love that he loves it.  Elijah had his first ear infection and managed to survive it real well.

December we were able to meet some of the Blackhawks as well as celebrate our second Christmas with our little man.  We were blessed with many family members and lots of time to spend seeing them all. 

Over all 2010 was a decent year.  Elijah just keeps growing and it scares me how much more growing he has to do.  Good luck in 2011.  See you next year.

No comments: