Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Geese!

Last year and all years before, I found that I have despised geese.  Come this time of year and in the spring everywhere around here gets inundated with geese.  I mean they are everywhere!  And they are mean.  They poop, eat and sit in the middle of the street so you can't go anywhere.  If you hit them they will cause major damage to the car.  I just didn't like them at all. 

Then along came Elijah, and his new found love of things that fly.  Planes, birds and most importantly geese.  Yes my child is obsessed with geese.  He will stop anything that he is doing to look for the geese.  He has the perfect goose noise too.  If you didn't know what he was doing you would think he was whining or getting fussy, but no, he is imitating the geese.  It sounds more like uh uh.  Today we spent about an hour outside watching the geese fly into the wet land and take off again.  He was waving to them as they would fly by and when the sky was empty he would hold up his hands like "where did they all go?" 

It's stupid how much I enjoy him enjoying the things that fly.  But I am glad he has something that brings him this much joy and I'm glad it is cheep. 

No comments: