Sunday, October 17, 2010

Creatures

I wanted to have kids for many different reasons, one of which was so when the child was old enough I would have an extra set of hands to help clean the house.  Still waiting on that one.  Another reason was so Bj and I could take out the kids when they were old enough for parent child dates, like daddy daughter dances and whatever the equivalent would be for mommy sons.  Friday was the first mommy son outing and it was to church for cold blooded creature exploration.  I am just thankful they didn't decide to do creepy crawly critters.  I would not have had so much fun. 

Elijah and I went to see cold blooded creatures.  Elijah ended up taking a bite out of a plastic mold of a turtle foot on display, we knocked on a tortis' shell to get he to come out, we poked at a tortusis' foot, pet a snake, got a good look at a kimono dragon cousin, and 2 crocodiles.  One of which was flipping huge.  A friend of ours' son actually was able to ride the flipping thing.  I don't know if I would have been brave enough to let Elijah do so if he was older.  People say, you just have to trust the trainer guy.  Yeah, you know, I trust God, he made those things scary and ferocious so you don't go near them. 

No comments: