Sunday, May 09, 2010

My first Mother's Day

It all started semi-wonderful. Elijah woke up at the crack of dawn, 6:00 am. BJ actually got up and got the boy and tried to change him. This caused him to scream bloody murder! Hard to sleep through that! Then Elijah came in and snuggled with me a bit in bed. And for the first time Elijah intentionally leaned over and gave me a kiss. In fact, he gave me about 15, most of them were super wet and sloppy. Then the boys went down stairs and had breakfast, again tried to catch a bit more sleep but never fail, child continued to scream throughout breakfast. Then the boys took a shower and I dressed the boy and tried to put him down for a nap. HAHA no nap mommy, I want to play. I then showered and started getting ready, as I came out bedroom to check on the boy there was a horrid smell that met my nose. Elijah made me a present! however, due to the holiday BJ got to change the diaper. We then finished getting ready for church and headed off to church. However, Elijah began getting very fussy, wait did I say began??? I meant continued to fuss. Finally he fell asleep, then we got to church and had to wake him up. We made it through the first couple of sections of church before Elijah became to wiggly. I then spent the rest of the church service trying to rock my child to sleep. After church Elijah still had not fallen asleep yet and as we talked to everyone outside Elijah kept melting, and melting. I finally was able to peel my husband away from socializing and we headed off to the store. But I realized that I needed to get gas for my car so we stopped by the grocery story to get gas. And the car wouldn't start. SERIOUSLY!! After we spent the next couple of minuets trying to get the car to start. I then thought, if we wait a bit the car may decide to work again once it sits for awhile. So off we go with the baby to get food for the afternoon, walk back across the parking lot and...no such luck. (Side note, if you haven't read yesterdays blog about my husbands patients here would be another instance of not having any). The car still refused to start and BJ started to curse and get real short with anything I had to say. The whole time I am thinking, great, now we have raw meat, and a baby exposed to the sun. Finally, a family offered us a jump, NO LUCK! Turning out to be a great mother's day! The wonderful family offered to give us a lift home, Thank goodness because walking the 2 miles without the stroller, a bag of food, and a crabby husband would have been AWESOME! We got home called BJ's parents who were already coming over for dinner and asked them to come a bit earlier so BJ could go back to the car and fix it. Elijah finally went down for a nap, BJ left with his dad to fix the car and BJ's mom made us brownies. 2 hours later Elijah woke up but the car was still not fixed or anything. Mind you BJ is getting pissier and pissier by the minute. I had wanted to get the Audry done before his parents to here and I wanted to get a nap in too. Yeah none of that happened. Once everyone got back home they made dinner and Elijah serenaded us with whines. My car is still not back home, it is sleeping at Firestone for the evening to get looked at in the morning, my dishwasher needs to be checked to see if it cleaned the dishes from dinner. I am utterly exhausted and I DID NOT get my day with no child. I really hope next year is not as expensive.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies. I hope yours wasn't nearly as costly as mine was or nearly as stressful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry about your day!