Friday, May 21, 2010

Can't wait for next Thursday

I have to say as much work, pain and sleepless nights go into the OSLC garage sale, it comes at the perfect time every year. About this time every year I get sooo done with all my kids. Even the ones I love. As I was cleaning up my room today I realized why this is.
1. The weather is getting nicer and as the kiddos play outside more they decide to bring the dirt in to therapy with them. Ground into their clothes, under their finger nails, on their shoes, under their toes in their sandals which they insist they must take off.

2. The weather is initiating may spring time colds or allergies and every single little nose in the clinic is drippy, crusty or stuffy. Fantastic, I spend more time going between the Kleenex box, garbage can, and germ-x, than I do actually treating.

3. School is almost out, and so are almost all of the school aged kids brains. They are so checked out of therapy and life unless it is time to play, getting anything functional done is just a joke.

4. It's half way through the year, therefore all the kids who have scripts/reports due every 2, 3, or 6 months are due. Um.. yeah, that is just about all but 2 kids on my caseload right now.

5. it is really hard to sit inside and watch the beautiful weather pass by while I am stuck inside with all the above mentioned kids.

6. It's the time of year for sticky snacks. Ice cream, Popsicles, juice boxes for kids learning how to drink from them, juicy fruit, the list goes on. Many parents, me being one of them, think that now that the weather is nice you can take this wonderful snack/dessert and eat it outside, 5 hours later we are remembering we need to go somewhere and realize that half of the snack and the dirt in the back yard is now stuck to your face, hair, hands, and clothing. Oh well, no time to change, guess we will just have to deal with it.

7. I get burnt out on all the games we play. I try my hardest to pick one game and play it all week long, that means that I could play Trouble, or Sorry, or what ever game is special that week 30+ times. Yes, it is pretty awesome that I get paid to play games all day long but I can promise you we do not have 52 different games in the clinic and some of the younger kid games (i.e. barnyard bingo, or Mr. Potato head) get played almost every week. AHHHHH BURN OUT!

Therefore, I am very much looking forward to spending just about 50 hours at the garage sale cleaning, going through gross stuffed animals, moldy toys and broken pieces, these next two weeks on top of the time that I will be at work, just because I will not be SLP work!

No comments: