Sunday, May 23, 2010

11 months

Wow, I can't believe Elijah is 11 months old today. I can remember exactly what I was doing one year ago today. I was as huge as a house, as comfortable as as the Princes who slept on a pea, and was at a good friends wedding. Let me just tell you all, if you are preggers there is nothing on the face of the planet that makes you look bigger than you really are than a dress. I even tried to use the whole color thing to my advantage, I wore black. Yeah good for the whole overall effect of it, not so awesome at an outdoor wedding. (tried to find the one picture of the day, no luck, Bummer.) Either way 12 months later I now have a very cute, very big, little boy. Our day started with a big poopy diaper, and a quick shower with daddy. Then I gave our boy a little hair trim around the ears, I only have a couple of years where I can make sure the has a great hair cut before he decides he wants to chose his hair style.Then BJ spiked his hair. We picked out a cute outfit from Auntie Katie and off to church we went. Elijah sat so well during church, and didn't have to be taken out once. It was great. Then we headed to Phillip's Park Zoo as a trial run for his birthday in one month. We had a picnic lunch, and looked at several animals. All in all, Elijah did great, we just need to work out a system for keeping him cool on these hot days. But he did let us put sunscreen on him so no worries about a bright red baby tomorrow. We came home, Elijah and I both took a 2 hour nap while the Blackhawks won! Wahoo. Then off to dinner with the neighbors, bath and bed.
I am very lucky to have such a wonderful little boy, he even snuggled with me for a bit tonight before bed which typically he will scream and cry. I love the baby he is but every day I see a cute toddler trying to surface. I just hope he keeps his wonderful attitude and personality, then maybe they won't be so terrible.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Love, love, LOVE the outfit!!! Props to Auntie Katie for picking such rockin' clothes!!! Love, love, LOVE my neighbors too!!!!

Aunt Debra said...

Elijah has a great set of teeth! Thanks for posting pictures of him.