Monday, May 17, 2010

Congradulations Bothers!

In the last 14 days Elijah, BJ and I rode to Michigan to watch my brother Brett graduate from Grand Vally State with a Degree in Accounting and Finance. He was possibly one of the most highly decorated gradates to walk that day. He wore three sashes (study abroad, fraternity, and honors college), he also wore a metal and three different cords. Elijah practiced wearing the hat for his graduation day (someday far down the line). Then we drove home. Then this past Saturday, Elijah and I drove out to Iowa to watch my brother Tom graduate for the University of Iowa with a Degree in Engineering and Mathematics. To bad Elijah was more fascinated in jewelry than he was in the pictures that we were trying to get. Again Elijah practiced wearing the hat. Once we were done with pictures Elijah was exhausted and needed a nap while he gave me enough time to peacefully eat my dinner. Little did I know that would be the last bit of peace for the rest of the night. Yes that's right my wonderful child screamed for an hour and a half before he was able to be calmed. It was a very long ride home. VERY long ride. However, before we left for the screaming ride home he got a little something to eat.
Over all, I am super happy for both my brothers! Now it's a big fat welcome to the real world.
On a side note, last night I caught Elijah standing all by himself, not holding on to anything. I think this had to be the most excited I have been about his developmental milestones to date. However, I don't know if the flu bug that had decided to call my body home for most of Sunday had anything to do with my increased emotions, but I actually cried. Way to go Little Elijah, keep up the good work.

No comments: