Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Things you do as a parent that would be socially unacceptable to do to anyone else.

In recent years my life has been spent teaching children who are socially acceptable and unacceptable ways to act.  Most of my kids are black and white thinkers. For example, you can't lie because lying is wrong, so when Susie asks if you like her brand new hat you say, "no, it looks,funny." They don't see the harm or understand that they hurt their feelings. 

Because of this hyper awareness to the gray area of life I find myself with my baby thinking, "wow, if this wasn't an infant or even my own child, this would not be socially acceptable. Here are a few:

Picking their nose
Smelling their butt
Make them stop whatever they are doing to go to the bathroom
Stick your fingers in their mouth
Examine their teeth
Taking off their pants in public

I'm sure the list could go on, but it is late and the baby is teething and has some serious gas keeping her awake, therefore it's off to bed for me. 

No comments: