Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Garage Door

Several years ago the garage door decided that it didn't like cold weather.  It just stopped opening and we would have to disconnect it and open it ourselves.  Leaving wasn't so bad, it was the getting home part that was horrible.  Last year about this time we went out and bought a strong, powerful garage door.  I really think BJ was getting sick of me calling him and complaining about the thing.  The rest of last winter was beautiful, I was able to pull up to the house and pull right into the garage.  I was only recently reminded of this event due to Timehop reminding me about my Facebook excitement.

Tonight coming home from work, I have both kids in the car, it is a scorching 2 degrees outside, and the garage doesn't open.  I figure I must have hit the wrong button, so I hit it again.  Still nothing.  I hit it again, I see the light on in the garage and I quickly remember how we almost started a fire in our old opener when it froze shut.  I park, and run in the front door to check the garage from the inside.  Well low and behold, I found the problem, the doohickey that connected the motor to the door was not attached.  Don't worry, I got this, I can dead lift a door, easy peasy.  I mean I did it a bunch of times while pregnant, I got this now.  I fling the door open, and it flew up hitting the arm and hearing pieces falling off.  I look around the garage and hope to find the screws that just fell off.  I found A screw and put it aside, then bring in the car and the kids.  When BJ got home he found the problem and the real screw.  After several moments in the cold garage and a run to Home Depot, the garage is fixed again.

P.S. We are not billionaires, we did not win the Powerball.  Guess I will head to work tomorrow, and all my lofty dreams of what good I could do with the money will go to the back of my mind.  

No comments: