Saturday, October 22, 2011

Surgery

Friday morning BJ had his surgery on his arm.  We rolled out of bed at 5:00 am and made it to the surgery center by 6:30.  They rolled him way around 7:30.  Then I got to wait all by my self.  It was freezing in the waiting room.  Thank goodness I had on my winter coat.  I might have lost fingers or toes without it.  at 8:30 the let me know that BJ was done in surgery and that he did well.  Once he came out of the anesthesia enough I would be able to see him.  I thought this would be very quick.  It wasn't.  It was almost a whole hour more before I was able to see him.  When I was finally brought back the nurse let me know that BJ was slightly flushed and he had been complaining that he was cold.  As I went into his recovery area he was whiter than snow and wrapped from head to to in about 8 blankets.  He even had one wrapped around his head.  I told him he looked like Mother Teresa, it made him smile.  He was also very proud that the nurse was able to see his underwear.  Ahhh, the things that are important to us when we are highly sedated.  Once we got home he slept most of the day but then couldn't sleep at night.  Today we were able to get some clothes oh him so we are real sure he can leave the house without freezing or getting arrested. 

Tomorrow we will take off the bandages.  I'll post pictures if I remember. 

No comments: