Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Amber is that you?

When I was in Jr. High we got a dog.  Her name was Amber.  I wanted to post a picture of her but I quickly realized that we had her before the time of digital cameras.  Can you even remember that time?  Anyway, tangent, Amber was a quarky dog.  She had some weird habits, like having to have the water bowl full to the top and not to close to the wall or the food bowl.  One of our favorite was when Amber would be given a rawhide bone.  She would eat half of it then try and hide the other half.  However, her hiding spots were not that great.  She would put it in the middle of the floor or in the middle of the bed and try to put the covers over it.  What could we say, she was a weird dog.

The other day as I was cleaning up some extra blankets upstairs I found a pig ear hiding in there.  As soon as Rescue saw the ear she jumped off the bed, grabbed it and ran downstairs.  I didn't see her much the rest of the night but when I came back down stairs she was hiding under the table and her bone was sitting in the middle of the floor.  Really Rescue?  I can see it.  It's right there.  After I walked almost right up to it she grabbed it and ran upstairs.  Now the ear sits "hidden" next to the bed and every time I see it I can't help but think, "Ah, Rescue, there must be a small part of Amber hidden in you."

No comments: