Saturday, October 22, 2011

Birthday Cake

I know I'm a bit behind on the blog.  I have had a busy life this last week so blogging has had to take a backseat to that.  However, the other night we went to my dad's house to celebrate his birthday.  It was Wednesday, my late night at work.  BJ and Elijah showed up at my work and we took one car there the at the end of the night we went back to my work and got my car.  We didn't get to my dad's house until about 7:30 but dinner was ready and it was delicious as always.  However, before we started eating we noticed that the chocolate cherry cake my sister made earlier that day had all the candles in it and they were all droopy.  BJ and I being annoying went to straighten them but they wouldn't straighten.  That was when BJ pulled one out.  All that came out of the cake was the wick, no wax.  Um okay.  We tried another one, more wick no wax.  Weired.  Finally we decided that the cake must not have been cool enough when the candles were put in.  We left most of the candles in and had dinner.  By the time we were done eating we waited a bit before singing and doing all the fun stuff.  However, as we were pulling the rest of the candles out of the cake they came out with all their wax.  What the heck?  So weird.  Guess the cake wasn't cool enough initially, but when it did cool down enough the wax reformed around the wick and came out of the cake.  We just had to be careful while eating it.  While I was eating the cake I almost broke my tooth on a cherry seed.  My sister just looked at me and said, at least we know they were real cherries.

Even with the seed and the wax it was still a delicious cake.  Even if BJ took all the cake he brought home to work and didn't leave any for us here. 

No comments: