Monday, October 24, 2011

Insurance company, Smile

I have a mission in life that when I know I'm going to meet someone who has a tough job I'm going to try to be nice to them.  Today I spent about an hour calling accountant departments to most medical facilities in the area due to my latest cleaning spree.  I came across some medical bills that I wasn't sure if they were paid or not.  Thank goodness to me though, all but 1 or 2 of them were paid and the ones that were not one had a messed up billing system, one was waiting for insurance and one I had forgotten about.  Then I needed to call the insurance company.  Always a fun day when you have to do that.  Let me just tell you, 99.9% of them woke up with a Parana biting their toes and sleeping on glass.  That's why they are all so pleasant.  So when I call I try to kill them with kindness.  The nice thing about my company being based out of Georgia is I get to speak with the friendly people of the south.  I ended up spending over 30 minutes on the phone with them and making the representative laugh no less than 3 times. 

One of which was when I was explaining to her why I was asking her for all the information toward our account.  I was explaining to her that my husband had had surgery recently and I was cleaning while he was sleeping and all that other fun things.  While cleaning I came across a pile of bills that had been forgotten about.  That is absolutely the worst thing to find while cleaning.  And since I didn't know how long they had been there I didn't know what had been paid and what had not been I was calling to make sure everyone got their money.  Apparently she thought that was funny.  I did too actually. 

Ah well, that is my life.  LOL.  At least I made one more person smile today even if most of her phone calls were probably not nearly as nice as I was.

No comments: