Sunday, January 08, 2006

Having Troubles

Well if you haven't noticed I am not posting as much as I typically do. That's because I am having a hard time adjusting to being home and getting everything accomplished that I want to do. Most of you know I have two homes where I try to divide my attention between but I also have BJ who I would like to spend the majority of my time with. This all causes a problem because I spend several hours a day driving to and from houses or talking with people. When I was at school I would run out of things to do, so that's when I would post. Now when I run out of things to do I want to go to sleep. Starting tomorrow I begin my internship thing and hopefully I can create more of a routine that I can fall into. Once I have formed this routine I can figure out what days will have room in them to post and what days do not.

On another note, since I last posted BJ and I registered which was a ton of fun. I personally think we went a little overboard but hey its just a wish list of things we would like to have not necessarily a list of what we must have. Even though there are some items that we registerd for that would make life a lot easier if we had like bed sheets or lamps or silverware. However, the whole process took about 10 times longer than I expected and I was really exhausted after we were done. I worked during the day on Friday and then made BJ dinner that night. He was very proud of me, I didn't burn anything down and it wasn't macaroni and cheese from the blue box. Then we goofed around online a little more with our registies and created a new one because we found more stuff we liked at another store. Saturday Megan and I went to go get our toes done for Megan's birthday (only a month late). I have cute little snowmen on my big toe and Megan had flowers put on hers. I felt bad though because I paid with a credit card and they didn't give me an option for a tip and the only cash I had on me was a $10 bill so I didn't leave a tip. I hate when I have to do that, they spent so much time on my toes and I couldn't leave a tip. Then Saturday night BJ and I saw Memoirs of a Geisha. It was real good and very cultural informative. I liked it and am now reading the book. I, unlike some, like to see the movie first then read the book because the book fills in gaps the movie leaves out enhancing the overall experience of the whole thing. If I do it the other way around then I don't enjoy the movie as much or spend to much time analyzing how the two were different.

Well that's all for now. Hopefully tomorrow I will post about the first day of work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all where all did you register at? I thought it was fun too but took entriely too long. It wore me out. Secondly, I like to see the movie first too! That's currently what I'm doing is reading books of movies I liked haha! Next on my list was memoirs of a geisha. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

OMG I loved that book! I haven't seen the movie yet though. Maybe over my bday...who knows :)