Monday, January 09, 2006

First Day

First, sorry I forgot to tell you where we registered. We registered at Bed, Bath and Beyond; Target; and Marshall Fields/Macy's.

Second, today was my first day of my internship. Now I don't want to sound snobby or anything but I am 14 weeks and 4 days away from being done. Well actually 15 weeks away from being 100% done. I figured it out today that I will finish my internship the Friday before the big paper is due so on Monday, April 24th I will have completed all of my school work have one month to wait for my actual degree. WAHOO.

So I bet you are all wondering how my first day went. It was fun. It wasn't nearly as exhausting as I was expecting that's for sure. Now you have to keep in mind that for the past 5 years I have worked a job that is fast paced and crazy busy, so spending the majority of my day in a car was nothing compared to that. I saw 6 kids today and tomorrow will probably see about the same number. For my first day of work I wore my outfit that I wear when I need extra confidence. (I get that boost of confidence because I look good in the outfit so I feel good so I'm more out going.) I also wore my polar bear socks just in case my outfit didn't help me out. But no worries, the hardest thing for me to do is to not yawn while with the clients. There are times when therapy just seems to drag by and it's hard to not yawn. I also had to go out and buy some cardigan to wear because I get cold easily and with gas costing so much this year people are keeping their homes cooler than what I find comfortable.

tomorrow night I will be at my dad's house so I might not be able to blog if not see you in a few days.

No comments: