Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring part II

As our grass is turning green I am noticing there are LARGE areas of our yard that have never in the course of 4 years been green.  BJ and I pay a boat load for our association but every year our crappy yard looks the same.  Dead.  Now there are areas of our yard that are dead due to our dog.  Those I fix every year.  However, the front yard has never been touched.  Every summer I love to walk around barefoot, however, those spots feel horrible on bare feet.  Plus since I am an end unit, my house is the one I see and the one everyone of my neighbors see as we pull into the driveway.  I have a strict rule that when I buy my next home the curb apple has to be there, it's not currently here.  I ended up thinking I needed to rip up all the sod and just replant seed.  BJ convinced me that we didn't need to do that, we just needed to ruff up the old stuff, and just rip up the really really bad parts.  We then mixed two whole bags of dirt with seed and placed it on all the bad parts.  Now every time we drive by the yard we give the grass seeds good mojo and tell them to grow, grow, grow.  Now we have to pray that they don't blow away tonight in the crazy wind storm.

No comments: