Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Royal Wedding

I didn't really think I was into the royal wedding.  But for some reason the last few days it's all I can think of.  I am very tempted to get up and watch at 3:00 am but then I remember that I have to work and I will like my sleep better.  But how do I get up, to work, be at work and home from work without seeing anything from the wedding?  I am taping from 3-12 and will watch it all with fast forward to the good parts.  I see lots of seclusion for me tomorrow. 

But back to the real issue at hand.  Why am I so into this whole royal wedding?  I'm happily married, I have a beautiful baby boy and a life that I am happy with.  BUT COME ON!!!! IT'S A ROYAL WEDDING.  It's a glimpse into a fairy tale life that none of us Americans will ever have.  Think of all the dresses, the hats, the jewelry they have to wear at any given time.  Yeah they have a busy life of appearances but look at the rest of their life.  They don't have office jobs, they have no real power, they have lots of houses, lots of land and they do a lot of travel. 

I have decided that I am putting I want to see a royal parade or I want to see Prince William from a far on my bucket list.  My dad has seen the Queen in a parade and she waved at him.  I don't know why.  Maybe because it is the only real person that I see "above" everyone else.  If I was to meet a movie star I wouldn't be all that impressed.  They are just regular people with jobs that put them in front of a camera, the royals are born into that life style and really have no way out. 

Any way it goes, I am going to try my hardest to live in a bubble until I get home from work at 1 and I can watch it all by myself.

1 comment:

Your Hubby said...

Probably why you married me is because you wanted a Prince William! While I am definitely not a prince, at least I am a William!!!