Friday, April 22, 2011

Day with the little boy

Daycare was closed today to to Good Friday.  The one non-national holiday day the daycare is closed.  Can't really complain to much about that aspect of this daycare.  Very beneficial for me.  BJ had to work and since Friday I typically only am at work for about 4 hours anyway, it wasn't horrible for me to have to take it off.  I only slept in an extra 30 minutes today because I wanted to be able to shower and all before the day began.  We left the house close to 8 and headed to the Donut store (aka Dunkin Donuts).  Elijah flirted with everyone there.  We then took the left over donuts to my work and said goodbye to a client that was moving to a new state.  We then went grocery shopping with the rest of the world.  I typically love shopping Friday early afternoon, however, with Easter this weekend it was a mad house.  I was not a fan.  We came back home, ate lunch, and took a two hour nap.  The nap was very much needed on both of our behalves.  We then played some basketball and watched Curious George.  When Daddy came home we headed to the neighbors to spend time with them because Katie is going to be admitted into the hospital starting Monday for 5 days.  And the hospital is almost two hours away from our house.  Were going to miss her while she is gone, and we are super bummed that we can't visit her.  I see lots of facebook and texts in our future. 

Overall, I made it though the day with Elijah and was mildly productive.  I still don't think I could do it every day but once in a while was very nice.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm going to miss you guys too! Eli is my favorite therapy dog!!