Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Noisy Bug

The weather has been real nice here lately. To a point that at night we keep our windows open and turn off the air conditioner. The first night was wonderful except for this really, really, really, obnoxious bug living some where out side of our window. It is hard to describe the noise it was making but it sounded some what like a motorcycle and static. It was to a point that BJ and I actually looked at each other and debated closing the windows but we couldn't hear each other. At that point we decided, at least it was a constant buzzing noise we could sleep through that. However, as soon as we decided that the bug decided to start communicating with all of the other bug world using Morris code. Some how, probably due to the fact that we were exhausted, we fell asleep. Last night, forgetting about the night before, we opened the windows again. There was that dang bug again waiting for us buzzing. Again we fell asleep.

Now lately, when I am left to my own power to entertain myself I create weird questions and try to think of the answers. This bug has made me start thinking. First, I want to know what he looks like. Could he be a grasshopper? We have giant ones around here but I don't know if they make noise or not. And secondly, I have begun to realize that since being a parent any little bit of sleep I can get I take. At all cost. Sorry bug you are not going to be keeping me awake at night. And if you think using Morris code to call all your other bug friends to come help you keep us awake. Keep trying. Tonight I will be sleeping bug or no bug. Good night.

3 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

this reminds me of the katydids at cobbly nob. do you remember that?!

Anonymous said...

We are glad you started blogging again. We are enjoying reading about your activities, bugs and all. Best of all are the pictures of Elijah.

Grandmother and Granddad Collins

LittleKelly said...

How could I forget those bugs. Everytime I see a green bug that is what I think of. Crazy times.