Sunday, September 27, 2009

Harry Potter Exhibit

So on Saturday we headed downtown with our neighbors to enjoy the Harry Potter exhibit at the Science and Industry Museum. It had great reviews and I am a huge fan of the books and enjoy the movies. I thought it would be a fun time going to this thing to see all this stuff from the movies. Well we got down there (late thanks to the Sox game) and pay the 16 bucks to park. We go in, museum has been closed for 2 hours now but there is a fairly large crowd hanging around to get into the exhibit because they only will let so many people in at a time. We get to where we start waiting to get in and Elijah is hungry so we have to try to feed him quickly while we wait. However, being a baby he is distracted by every little thing around him and he is taking forever to eat. He finally finishes his bottle just as we are being let into the show. Once in we find out no cameras and no video. Still not sure why. Rent the movies and you can see it all there. The first room is way over packed because of all the people they just let in. So we skip the first couple of things and move on. I guess I was expecting more interactive portions, at least a place to take pictures and buy them for an outrageous price. I really wanted to see Baby Elijah in Hogwarts gear. Plus it was fun to see just how small the actors all were when they started and even in some of the later movies. Teeny tiny.

Let's just say I'm glad I didn't end up paying to see it, but I am glad I went in the end. Just bummed I have no pictures to prove I was there.

No comments: