Friday, December 30, 2005

What I did on my Blog Vacation

I figured it has been several days since I have last posted. A lot has happened in those days so I figured I would write this blog as if it was an assigned paper in fifth grade. I will be doing my presentation on Monday if you want to see the live version.

Well on the first day of my blog vacation the snow that had fallen the day before was perfect packing snow so Tania and I went out to make a snow bunny. He was real cute then we decided to move our snowmen from the previous day so they could all hang out together by the side of the road. Here are our snowmen the biggest on is Bunny, the medium sized one is Frosty, and the littlest one is Alien baby.
Then over the next week we had our going away/Christmas party and we said goodbye to each other. I got a whole bunch of polar bear stuff. Tania made me a quilt and on the squares she ironed on pictures she had taken when she went to the Detroit zoo way long ago. It is super cute. Jen made me a shawl that is so super soft and prity, and I got a polar bear stuffed animal. Tarra made me some beautiful Christmas ornaments. Jenny gave me a polar bear fleece blanket and a framed picture of us from pub crawl along with a Sudoku book of puzzles. And Molly gave me a pink thong with a cute Victoria Secret bag.

I then took the last of my finals. It was really kind of pathetic because as I was sitting in the test I started thinking this is my last final ever! I almost started to cry, but then I pulled myself together so I could finish the test without totally breaking down. Then I said goodbye to all my friends at school and got a bit teary eyed. Then I went home and finished loading my car and said goodbye to Jen and Tania. That made me really cry. So after I was balling I got in my car and drove home. The entire drive home (4 hours) I cried. I don't know why really because I hate school and I kicked and and screamed when it was time to go to grad. school and I always hated being there so it was stupid for me to cry all the way home. But then I realized that I was crying more because I was finally done with school, and after 6 years of college the hardest part was done. I was also crying because I made some real close friends while I was at school. I have had close friends through out my life, but these girls I got along with in a wired way. It is hard to explain the type of friendship I have made with these girls but I hope that I can keep these friends.

So then the Christmas holiday started for me. I had Christmas with my mother, then step-dad, then my father, then BJ's family, then we drove to Michigan and had the last Christmas with my family in Michigan. I got theater tickets from my mother, a wireless mouse for my laptop from Brian, some puzzles and clinic materials from my father and Kelly, luggage from BJ's family, a Vikings football jersey from BJ and some mind teaser puzzles from the dirty Santa in Michigan. This Christmas was just as stressful as all the other Christmas' before and it seemed different because I didn't get to spend my three days with Katie in Michigan.

While in Michigan I went ice skating and didn't even fall!!! It was real cool! Then we went to the U of M basketball game. They one as they have for the past three years that we have been going to the games. Brett is so funny when we go to these games. He gets so excited and so worked up it just makes me laugh. Him and one of my cousins decided to sneak down and sit in the student section. It was funny. Then they decided to stay late and watch the U of M football game on the big screen. Then they came home at half time and watched the rest of the game on Granddad's new TV. IT was a close game with an awesome ending play that was so close to scoring and winning but granted, they lost. It was sad. Maybe next year.

While I was in Michigan, BJ was home sicker than a dog. Apparently one of the people who came over for Christmas brought the flu virus with them. Everyone but four people came down with the flu. It was bad. I thankfully was one of the ones who did not come down with the flu.

Tonight we are off to a wedding for a high school friend and tomorrow we will be going out some where for the new year. However, the plans keep changing so I don't really know where we will be going or how we will be spending our new year. Lots will be happening this next year so the beginning will determine how much fun this next year will be.

Thanks for listening to me ramble. Let me know how you spent your vacation!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so you cried all the way home. Tania and I cried when you left. When I went into the bathroom after you had gone, I saw that all of your stuff was gone, and that made me cry again. You were really gone. My Christmas was good, got some knitting needles and fun stuff for presents. After Christmas, mom and I went to JoAnn's, and I bought the green fuzzy fabric and some cool pineapple fleece to back it with. I'll have a new blanket before I go back home!!!!!!! Miss you lots.

Anonymous said...

I missed you too!! :(