Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Hockey game

I don't want to hear it. I know I'm behind.  I'll explain later.
Last weekend we jumped in the car and headed north to Rockford.  BJ had tickets from work that were awesome seats so we went.  It was my dad, step-mom, sister, me, BJ, his mom and dad, and Elijah. 
The seats were right on the ice, next to the players bench.  It was a special box so all the seats were leather and had padding.  We evem got to be on the big TV.
If that's how all sporting events were I would go to them all the time.  FREE and COMFORTABLE.  AWESOME! 
We taught Elijah how to bang on the glass and the zamboni guy banged back every time he was close enough. 
The team is the farm team for the Chicago Blackhawks so we saw several players that also play on for the Hawks.  Some of the permanent team members were there signing stuff.  Elijah got his jersey signed. 

At the end of the night one of the equipment people gave us a game puck.  We gave it to Elijah and for the hour and a half home he held onto it every once in a while would tell me it was his "aty but, fom da dame, mine"  Once he fell a sleep he he held onto it.  Thank goodness he was sleeping when we got home or else he probably would have slept with it.  The next morning he found it and his play hockey sticks and carried them around until we left for school.  Awesome. 

No comments: