Friday, December 11, 2009

Limited Christmas Spirit


As the Holidays approach many people are getting into the Christmas Spirit. I, however, am having a very hard time. I feel extra stress at work and with the new baby, I don't have the time after work like I used to to go shopping. I even feel slightly Grinchy. I am also having difficult creating "lists" for what I want for Christmas. And tonight while talking with my dad, I realized why. He said that he just saw an article about how what used to be a holiday of "here you go I saw this and thought you would really like it," or "the second I saw this I thought of you and how much you could use it." Now a days Christmas is more like "can I have a shopping list." I don't like requesting stuff, I like giving. But in order to give, I have to be able to shop. And I want to go shopping.

So after thinking about it this year I will try to get gifts that I think someone will like, verses only what they asked for. I will also take into consideration the lists that were made but we will see. Now if only I could solve the stressful work deal. Again everyone pray for snow Thursday or Friday.

No comments: