Sunday, December 20, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

I feel like I have been very busy this weekend, in retrospect, I really haven't been. Saturday we took Elijah into the Doctor for his 6 month check up, 18 pounds 10 ounces. He also received two sets of shots and on oral vaccine. Then we came home and celebrated our first day of Christmas with our neighbors then headed out to Portillos for lunch. We stopped by the grocery store on the way home and bought all the ingredients for the worlds best Christmas cookies and came home. Then we ended up watching Cars. Before we knew it it was time for Elijah to eat dinner, take a bath and head to bed. Then we had dinner, as I was getting ready to make Christmas cookies, Elijah woke up and hand a low grade fever and was very crabby. I finally got him back to sleep by 10 but by then it was to late for cookies so I played on the computer. Sunday we headed to church, came home, had lunch, and we all took 2 hour nap. Then I FINALLY made cookies while BJ and Elijah played and did the laundry.

I think I set a record for longest time spent making one batch of cookies. I think from start to done baking I spend about 3 and a half hours on them and they still are not frosted yet. Oh well, they are absolutely worth it. It wouldn't be Christmas without these cookies. Last year in Michigan we had a discussion about the cookies and how everyone starts with the same recipe but no ones cookies are the same. As it turns out nobody had the correct original recipe. Most people had ended up adding or subtracting ingredients to the cookies while other changed the cooking times and temp. Grandmother still has the original recipe and we were going to scan it into the computer to mail to all but we forgot. This year we will. Tomorrow we will frost these babies and then my yearly baking will be done.

No comments: