Monday, December 14, 2009

It will have to wait

Last night I was getting all ready to post on my nativity sets that I have and that I get so excited about at Christmas when a giant spider shot out from under the couch that I was sitting on and went strait for my pump. I started freaking out, and go figure the dog was all the way upstairs sleeping on the bed, so it took her about forever to get down stairs. Now just for the record, this spider was smaller than the one found back in October by the back door, but this one had some sort of caffeine in it's system. I don't think I have ever seen a spider go so fast. It was crazy. I actually think that is what scared me most about this spider. Well Rescue came down and was all ready to play...with me. She had no clue about the spider. Since it had made it's way to the pump I had no idea where it was hiding so i just started staring at the pump thinking that would get the bug to leave it. Well if finally did but it ran out to the middle of the room then turned around and went right back to where it came from. I was freaked out and mad at the darn bug. I was also on the phone and trying to have a real conversation but I could only half concentrate. Then it was gone for a bit. Then it showed up again on the wall and was making it's way toward the ceiling. This is when BJ suggested through text message that I get the neighbor to kill it. I felt bad asking the neighbor to do it, and by this time it was on the ceiling. Way far away from me. Well, he must have asked for me, because about 5 minutes later there was a knock on the door and as I answer it I realize the spider is completely gone. We looked everywhere. For someone who was keeping her eyes glued to the bug to make sure it didn't eat me, it really un-nerved me to think it could have been anywhere. Jon left and about 10 min. later the spider reapplied, however, it had trapped me into the living room. After I had seen how fast it ran I was not about to go anywhere with in 2 feet of it and to get out of the living room I would have had to do that. So you ask, how did you get out? Oh yeah, I jumped over the back of the couch, and texted Jon to come back and kill it. He did, and I still had to do the hebi gebi dance. Blah. But at least I was able to sleep last night without having to worry about the spider getting me.

Post to come:
Nativity sets/Christmas village
Happy birthday plants
Wrapping paper invention.

No comments: