Thursday, August 11, 2011

Daddy too.

Our bedtime routine with Elijah veries occasionally but the end of the routine is always the same.  However we get to the point we still get there and here is what it looks like from that point on. 
Elijah turns on his music
I turn off his bedroom light
We both turn on his night light
Elijah gets his blue blankie out of his bed
I pick up Elijah and walk to the quilt on his floor.
We dance for about 1 minute
During that time Elijah tries to stick his fingers in my mouth and we give each others close to a hundred kisses.
I ask Elijah if he is ready for bed.
Elijah says no.
I ask Elijah if he wants water
Elijah says yeah.
I place Elijah in his crib and go get a bit of water.
I give Elijah water.
He holds the dixi cup in his teeth to give it back to me.
I take the cup
Elijah lays down after making sure Mambo is covered in his special blankie.
I have to cover Elijah with his special blankie
Elijah tells me I have to share it with his polar bear
I pat Elijah on his back and tell him good night.
I leave.
Elijah calls me back after about 10 seconds.
I look at Elijah
He he points at me and says "Go to bed"
I tell him yup, I'm going to bed.
He lays back down and says Daddy too.
Yup Daddy is going to bed too.
Then were done.  He goes to sleep and we do it all again the next night.  Just like clock work.  I love it.

No comments: