Monday, June 20, 2011

Reasons I love the Midwest

Humidity.  I love it in the summer.  To sit outside and pretend I am in a tropical area.  But in the winter it gets so cold all the crazy bugs die and it makes you appreciate the humidity.  Now most of my fellow Midwesterners do not appreciate the weather the way I do, however, it is okay.  I like enough for at least 20 people.  I don't care how my hair looks when I'm outside.  I love the way the air smells when it's humid and the way the flowers bloom the size of Frisbees.  I love sitting outside with a fire, or talking to the neighbors in the driveway. Humidity equals happy to me.  Sorry to all of you who do not like, just keep in mind that during the dog days of summer we get sick of the heat and love winter up through the end of December then we all want the humidity back.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I don't mind the heat so much as the humidity. I like being able to breathe normally - not having to work for it.