Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I blame the sun

I figured out why I am slowing down on my blog entries.  And since it is the longest day of the year, it fits. It's the sun's fault.  I get off work any time between 5 and 7 Monday-Thursday and when I get home the sun is still up and shining as though it is only 3.  So Since I know what is to come in several more months I feel that I should enjoy the time outside and have Elijah out there for a while.  Then once we are out for a bit a neighbor or two or three or four comes home and we hang out even longer talking to them about their day, week, weekend, or the kids across the street.  Then before we know it, it is 8 or so and we haven't even eaten dinner.  So we get in and make dinner then have to put Elijah down to bed.  By that time it is at least 8:30 and we need to do this or that and after I blink it is almost 10.  And I haven't even turned on my computer to check mail or facebook, let alone blog.  So, if the sun would not be up as long, I would blog more.  Unfortunately, I know that from here on to December 21, I get to watch the sunlight get shorter and shorter.  But on December 21, I get excited because each day gets longer and longer until today.  Wahoo! 

No comments: