Friday, May 20, 2011

During and After

I always think about taking before and after pictures after I have already started a project.  Just like our yard work, I didn't take a picture of the ugly plants in the ground.  Just after they had come out.  Tonight was another moment like that.  I went to clean the kitchen at 10:00 at night and I got a bit side tracked.  As I began cleaning I saw the giant box of fruit snacks I had hidden from Elijah (on top of the fridge, I know not a good spot) and thought I needed to find a new spot for them.  That lead me to wanting them to go up above in the pantry, but having to make space for them.  I started clearing out the shelves that had held all of the toddler dishes until we needed them (about 14 months ago).  I had been meaning to find them a new place for them but that was put on the back burner.  Once I cleared out all the dishes and found a new place for them I had two open shelves.  Wahoo!  Then it was to the food.  I emptied out all the food and as I turned my back it reproduced.  I was stunned how much food we had in our pantry. 
Please note the 3 bags of marshmallows (one bag has jumbo mellows I can't wait to put them on the fire), the bag of candy canes, the bags of the melted freezer pops, and random pieces of candy. 
After finding all the food a home and not really getting rid of much I still have a ton of room on my shelves for more food.  At 11:00 I had finished the cabinet but the kitchen looked the same as when I had started the cleaning.  Oh well, tomorrow is another day. 

1 comment:

Katie said...

Now you know how I feel by being on steroids!! I start with one intention and end up in a way bigger situation than what I started!