Tuesday, March 04, 2014

The day has come

I feel as though I should start with a duh duh dunnnnnnnn or at least a trumpet dododadooooo.  Elijah is going in for a speech screening at the school district.  I know you can say it I won't judge, "it's about time!"  I know, I know.  I have known since he was just shy of 3. I knew he needed speech, I knew his speech development was not normal, I also know that once an atypical speech pattern starts it will not correct itself.  I know that there are phonological processes that should disappear by certain ages.  Yet I waited.  I needed a job and no time over the last 2 years was I able to get my son in for therapy and back home in between what I was doing.   I know I know.  Tomorrow I will know for real if my SLP and mothers intuition were correct or just in crazy over drive.  And since Elijah has to come with me to second job maybe I'll throw him at my coworker there and have her evaluate him too.  Summer 2014 is the summer of speech for little man.  

No comments: