Thursday, March 27, 2014

March???

Wow! Who is bad at blogging? Ooh pick me! 

I mean really, the past week I have been on spring break with Elijah still going to daycare you would think I could blog every now and again...well apparently not.  Spring break this year has been, well, different.  First of all this is my first spring break since 2005 (I don't think I had one my last year of grad school), second my husband only gets 10 vacation days a year so to take five to sit at home would not be a good use of them, third, I still was going to pay for daycare so Elijah might as well go and have something to do.  Now in all fairness to me, I did spend the ENTIRE day cleaning on Monday. This house looked amazing.  On Tuesday I hung with new baby down the street for breakfast then went to meet my husband at IKEA for lunch and to look at closet organizers.  That turned into not liking the closet thing I thought I would want and BJ finding one he did like.  He then left me as I was going to walk around for a bit.  As I was leaving I walked through the "as is" section only to find a pile of boxes marked for $90. The boxes were returns or damage or something but you had to buy the whole pile.  In the pile were 4 of the new closet systems that we wanted and each new cost $100. Now I love deals.  I walked around that pile 20 times, I got down on the floor making sure we could use at least two of the unites, I asked,if I had to buy the rest that I didn't want, I called BJ at least 3 times.  Finally I decided, let's do it.  Then I had to figure out how to get it home.  The longest box was over 93 inches long and weighs well over $100, and remember, BJ went back to work.  A nice worker helped me load the first fe into the car the a very nice passerby helped with the long ones and tying down my trunk.  By the time I knew it, it was 5 and nothing really got done, other than buying $1000 of random Ikea stuff for under $100. Wednesday was appointment day, first my hair, then Elijah and I had our eyes checked, then I had my two clients. That day was shot. Today was drury and gray and took me over 2 hours to get ready. I had one more kid today and then spent the day grocery shopping.  Wahoo, I know. Tomorrow I am taking Elijah to the zoo for mom and child time, he is so excited, and to be honest, so am I.

No comments: