Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Zoo

Two or three weekends ago we headed to the zoo, again.  I love the zoo but I hate big crowds so any day I can work in a place that people don't want to go because of  this that or the other thing, I'm in.  Well it was a 32 degree Saturday in February and I dragged my boys to the zoo.  We wrapped Elijah up in blankets and off we went.  I think there were maybe, 100 people at the zoo that day. We ran between the houses because during the summer we never would go into the houses.  I don't like leaving the stroller unattended while in the houses with so may people all over, and it kills me to spend time in doors when it's so nice outside.  So lots of reptiles, lots of warm climate animals.  In the 5 or so different houses we went in there were snakes in at least 3 of them.  So Elijah got to learn all about snakes.  I don't like snakes, I don't have a phobia of them like I do of spiders, but I am appropriately scared of them because there are all kinds of poisonous ones and I don't know enough about them to tell you which ones are or are not safe.  Now that we are home Elijah himself has turned into a snake.  Let me tell you as a parent to get your child to go anywhere while they are trying to "slither" like a snake takes HOURS! Luckily he still likes to be a dog or lion too and when he gets to far behind will turn into one of those animals to catch up.  He also wants to do this in public and I absolutely refuse to let him lay on the ground in a store.  Gross! So now I need to get him back to the zoo so we can find a new, faster animal to imitate. 

No comments: